15 Mar 2010

Sawaya's lego art



Sculpture has been talked about so much recently, it all started with a trip to the Royal Academy of Arts to see Anish Kapoor's exhibition. Where previously I would have noticed it, on my daily travels around london I have become more aware of beautiful sculpture and architecture we have on our doorstep.

I was introduced to Nathan Sawaya recently and am intrigued by his sculptures made out of lego. Who knew that children's apparatus could look so incredible?? Out of interest (and a secret desire to own one) I looked up how much it would be to have a Nathan Sawaya sculpture on my mantlepiece... and i found out that one can actually have a life-size replica of themselves made for $60,000!

I think I might just head down to Toys R Us and see how I manage doing it myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MAKE UP IS ART

MAKE UP IS ART
OCTOBER

MAKE UP IS ART

MAKE UP IS ART
A/W10

Sunday Times Style

Sunday Times Style